Olson Custom Designs produces highly complex, close tolerance, CNC machined components for a variety of industries. Our streamlined, innovative approach transforms customer’s blueprints into reality. We are seeking a highly skilled and energetic Quality Technician.
QUALITY TECHNICIAN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- QC experience preferred but willing to train the right candidate
Must be able to work in fast pace environment, under tight deadlines.
Ability to read and comprehend work instructions and work-related documents.
- Familiar with Quality Management System: ISO9001 /AS9100
- Perform in-process and final inspections in accordance to customer specifications, internal quality standards, and regulatory requirements.
- First Article inspections -AS9102
- Perform and record calibrations.
- Record, and analyze data to create test reports.
- Inspect outgoing product for proper packing, labeling, width and cosmetics
- Must be proficient in Excel
- Surface plate layout inspection
- CMM operation (Zeiss Calypso experience preferred)
QUALITY TECHNICIAN BENEFITS:
- Competitive Hourly Pay
- Paid Holidays
- Life insurance
- Paid Holidays
- New State of the art well-lit working environment
- New Gauging Equipment
- Great team like atmosphere
Required Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Machinist, Numerical Control Machine Programmer, or similar Certificate from Machine Trade School not required but preferred.
Required Experience: 2 plus years of hands-on experience in a CNC Machine shop or Vocational School.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Communicate with teammates to schedule projects according to urgency
- Read and interpret job orders and technical drawings
- Program using SolidCam a plus
- Set up machines, tooling, and fully operate 2-3 axis CNC Lathes
- Verify finished work by using precision measuring instruments
- Adjust machine controls and change tool settings in order to keep dimensions within specified tolerances
- Create custom fixtures in order to accomplish unique and original jobs
- Clean machine shop and machines as necessary to keep them in order
- Use other various other shop equipment (polishing, grinding, cutting)
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures
- Provides suggestions or advice to maximize the efficiency of Machine Shop
- Ability to multitask, execute various projects simultaneously
- Ability to operate CNC machines
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of cutters and effective use of cutters for maximum efficiency
- Excellent attention to detail
- Be organized and punctual
- Positive Attitude with strong sense of self-motivation
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Lift and move up to 25 lbs at a time
- Ability to create, edit and save various programs on a PC
- Familiarity with steel, titanium, and aluminum is a plus
- Knowledge of inspecting parts
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures involving CNC machines
- Microsoft Outlook experience a plus
- Competitive salary
- Paid Vacation
- Health, Dental and Vision plans available with low copay
Three Shifts Available:
- First: Mon-Fri 7:00-3:30
- Second: Mon-Thurs. 3:00-12:30 Payed for 40 hours. Shift Premium
- Third: Mon-Fri 12:00 am-7:30 am Payed for 40 hours. Shift Premium
Job Type: Full-time