Become an Olson Custom Designs Team Member
Please review the open positions and fill out the online application below and upload your resume.
We will be in contact with you shortly.
Olson Custom Designs produces highly complex, close tolerance, CNC machined components for a variety of industries. Our streamlined, innovative approach transforms customer’s blueprints into reality. We are seeking a highly skilled and energetic Quality Technician.
QUALITY TECHNICIAN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- QC experience preferred but willing to train the right candidate
Must be able to work in fast pace environment, under tight deadlines.
Ability to read and comprehend work instructions and work-related documents.
- Familiar with Quality Management System: ISO9001 /AS9100
- Perform in-process and final inspections in accordance to customer specifications, internal quality standards, and regulatory requirements.
- First Article inspections -AS9102
- Perform and record calibrations.
- Record, and analyze data to create test reports.
- Inspect outgoing product for proper packing, labeling, width and cosmetics
- Must be proficient in Excel
- Surface plate layout inspection
- CMM operation (Zeiss Calypso experience preferred)
QUALITY TECHNICIAN BENEFITS:
- Competitive Hourly Pay
- Paid Holidays
- Life insurance
- Paid Holidays
- New State of the art well-lit working environment
- New Gauging Equipment
- Great team like atmosphere
Required Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Machinist, Numerical Control Machine Programmer, or similar Certificate from Machine Trade School not required but preferred.
Required Experience: 2 plus years of hands-on experience in a CNC Machine shop or Vocational School.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Communicate with teammates to schedule projects according to urgency
- Read and interpret job orders and technical drawings
- Program using SolidCam a plus
- Set up machines, tooling, and fully operate 2-3 axis CNC Lathes
- Verify finished work by using precision measuring instruments
- Adjust machine controls and change tool settings in order to keep dimensions within specified tolerances
- Create custom fixtures in order to accomplish unique and original jobs
- Clean machine shop and machines as necessary to keep them in order
- Use other various other shop equipment (polishing, grinding, cutting)
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures
- Provides suggestions or advice to maximize the efficiency of Machine Shop
- Ability to multitask, execute various projects simultaneously
- Ability to operate CNC machines
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of cutters and effective use of cutters for maximum efficiency
- Excellent attention to detail
- Be organized and punctual
- Positive Attitude with strong sense of self-motivation
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Lift and move up to 25 lbs at a time
- Ability to create, edit and save various programs on a PC
- Familiarity with steel, titanium, and aluminum is a plus
- Knowledge of inspecting parts
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures involving CNC machines
- Microsoft Outlook experience a plus
- Competitive salary
- Paid Vacation
- Health, Dental and Vision plans available with low copay
Three Shifts Available:
- First: Mon-Fri 7:00-3:30
- Second: Mon-Thurs. 3:00-12:30 Payed for 40 hours. Shift Premium
- Third: Mon-Fri 12:00 am-7:30 am Payed for 40 hours. Shift Premium
Job Type: Full-time
Fill out the online application and upload your resume. We will be in contact with you shortly.